Dark Discoveries – Issue #34
All new Fiction by: Darren Speegle, Gene O’Neill, Mercedes M. Yardley, Chelsea Quinn Yarbro, Nicholas Kaufmann and Gary Raisor
Interviews with: Chelsea Quinn Yarbro, S. P. Somtow, Ken Hite and Justin Achilli
Articles on: “Stephen King’s IT: A Conjuration of Childhood Fears” by Aaron J. French, “A Tribute to Tom Reamy and “The Vampires of New England” by K.H. Vaughn and “Dark Poetry” by Linda Addison
Columns from Mike Davis, Laird Barron, Robert Morrish, Donald Tyson and Richard Dansky!
Table of Contents
1. Lauren, with the Fall of Night by Darren Speegle
2. A Faint Scent of Musky Lime by Gene O’Neill
3. Night’s Ivy by Mercedes M. Yardley
4. Things Heard in the Dark by Chelsea Quinn Yarbro
5. Whatever Happened to Solstice Young? by Nicholas Kaufmann
6. Bad Blood [Part 1] by Gary Raisor
- Stephen King’s IT: A Conjuration of Childhood Fears by Aaron J. French
- A Tribute to Tom Reamy
- Searching after Dark: An Interview with Chelsea Quinn Yarbro by Aaron J. French
- Featured Film Reviews by Colleen Wanglund
- The Vampires of New England by K.H. Vaughn
- Dark Poetry by Linda Addison
- “Weird Reflections” by Mike Davis
- “The Black Barony: Drain Me” by Laird Barron
- “What the Hell Ever Happened to… S. P. Somtow” by Robert Morrish
- “Playing with Vampires: An Interview with Ken Hite and Justin Achilli” by Richard Dansky
- “Murmurs in the Dark: Vampires in Western Magic” by Donald Tyson
- “Dark Arts: Kathe Koja” by K.H. Vaughn
Hellnotes, HorrorWorld, Horror Review and BuyZombie.com Reviews
Dark Discoveries is a quarterly (Spring: April 30th, Summer: July 31st, Autumn: October 31st and Winter: January 31st), 8×11/color glossy magazine (100 to 130 pages) that is available in close to 500 stores in the US, Canada and Overseas (U.K., Germany and other countries) — including Barnes & Noble, Chapters, Powell’s Books, Tattered Covers, Borderlands, Things From Another World, Dreamhaven, Mystery & Imagination and Dark Delicacies.
In continuous publication for nearly a decade, the magazine features some of the best content in the Horror/Dark Fantasy/Science Fiction genres, offering in-depth interviews, insightful articles, regular columns, fantastic artwork and outstanding short fiction. Past contributors and topics include: Ray Bradbury, Richard Matheson, The Twilight Zone, H.R. Giger, William F. Nolan, Ramsey Campbell, EC Comics, Joe R. Lansdale, Dan O’Bannon, Forrest J Ackerman, Graham Masterton, Brian Lumley, George Clayton Johnson, Dark Horse Comics, Brian Keene, Douglas Clegg, Joe Hill, J.K. Potter and many others.
Shipping, handling and all applicable sales taxes are included in the overall price listed. For international shipping other than what is listed please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for pricing.
There will no longer be a pdf version included with the print magazine.
Publication Date: (Spring: April 30th, Summer: July 31st, Autumn: October 31st and Winter: January 31st)
Price Print Edition Dark Discoveries – hardcover (includes shipping charges):
Single Issue – hardcover: Domestic, your price ($19.95), Canada, your price ($23.95) Europe, your price (25.95)
Annual Subscription: Domestic ($69.95) Canada ($83.95) Europe (109.95)
Price Print Edition Dark Discoveries – paperback (includes shipping charges):
Single Issue – paperback: Domestic Retail price $11.95, your price ($9.95), Canada Retail price $13.95 your price ($12.95) Europe Retail price $19.95, your price (17.95)
Annual Subscription: Domestic ($37.95) Canada ($46.95) Europe (69.95)
2 Year Subscription: Domestic ($74.95) Canada ($92.95) Europe (139.95)