Dark Discoveries – Issue #35
War and Apocalypse
All new Fiction by: Ann Christy, Nick Mamatas, Kane Gilmour, A. Scott Glancy, Angela Slatter and Gary Raisor
Interviews with: Joe Hill, A. Scott Glancy, Jeremy Robison, Kane Gilmour and more.
Articles on: Words from the Wise: John Shirley, Nick Antosca, and Geoff Brown by Chris Kelso and Writing Conflict: A Lament with Lisa L. Hannett by Aaron J. French
Columns from Mike Davis, Laird Barron, Robert Morrish, Donald Tyson and Richard Dansky!
Dark Poetry: Bryan Thao Worra
Table of Contents
- Captain Wygone’s Final Battle by Ann Christy
- The Great Armored Train by Nick Mamatas
- One Hundred Chances for Glory by Kane Gilmour
- War Story (Appears with permission of the Delta Green Partnership) by A. Scott Glancy
- Tin Soldier by Angela Slatter
- Bad Blood [Part 2] by Gary Raisor
- The Fireman (An Excerpt) by Joe Hill
- Spontaneous Combustion: A Conversation with Joe Hill by Douglas Wynne
- Delta Green: Rapping with A. Scott Glancy by Richard Dansky
- Writing Conflict: A Lament with Lisa L. Hannett by Aaron J. French
- Featured Film Reviews by Colleen Wanglund
- The Jack Sigler Thrillers: An Interview with Jeremy Robinson and Kane Gilmour by William Simmons
- Words from the Wise: John Shirley, Nick Antosca, and Geoff Brown by Chris Kelso
- “Weird Reflections” by Mike Davis
- “The Black Barony: The Doomsday Reels ” by Laird Barron
- “What The Hell Ever Happened To… Joe Donnelly ” by Robert Morrish
- “Tentacle Down! Military Horror and Video Games ” by Richard Dansky
- “Murmurs in the Dark: The Magic of the Sword” by Donald Tyson
- “Dark Poetry”: Bryan Thao Worra
Hellnotes, HorrorWorld, Horror Review and BuyZombie.com Reviews
Dark Discoveries is a quarterly (Spring: April 30th, Summer: July 31st, Autumn: October 31st and Winter: January 31st), 8×11/color glossy magazine (100 to 130 pages) that is available in close to 500 stores in the US, Canada and Overseas (U.K., Germany and other countries) — including Barnes & Noble, Chapters, Powell’s Books, Tattered Covers, Borderlands, Things From Another World, Dreamhaven, Mystery & Imagination and Dark Delicacies.
In continuous publication for nearly a decade, the magazine features some of the best content in the Horror/Dark Fantasy/Science Fiction genres, offering in-depth interviews, insightful articles, regular columns, fantastic artwork and outstanding short fiction. Past contributors and topics include: Ray Bradbury, Richard Matheson, The Twilight Zone, H.R. Giger, William F. Nolan, Ramsey Campbell, EC Comics, Joe R. Lansdale, Dan O’Bannon, Forrest J Ackerman, Graham Masterton, Brian Lumley, George Clayton Johnson, Dark Horse Comics, Brian Keene, Douglas Clegg, Joe Hill, J.K. Potter and many others.
Shipping, handling and all applicable sales taxes are included in the overall price listed. For international shipping other than what is listed please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for pricing.
There will no longer be a pdf version included with the print magazine.
Publication Date: (Spring: April 30th, Summer: July 31st, Autumn: October 31st and Winter: January 31st)
Price Print Edition Dark Discoveries – hardcover (includes shipping charges):
Single Issue – hardcover: Domestic, your price ($19.95), Canada, your price ($23.95) Europe, your price (25.95)
Annual Subscription: Domestic ($69.95) Canada ($83.95) Europe (109.95)
Price Print Edition Dark Discoveries – paperback (includes shipping charges):
Single Issue – paperback: Domestic Retail price $11.95, your price ($9.95), Canada Retail price $13.95 your price ($12.95) Europe Retail price $19.95, your price (17.95)
Annual Subscription: Domestic ($37.95) Canada ($46.95) Europe (69.95)
2 Year Subscription: Domestic ($74.95) Canada ($92.95) Europe (139.95)