Dark Discoveries – Issue #28
Zombie Creature Feature!
Shipping July 31, 2014
All new Fiction by: Kevin J. Anderson, Graham Masterton, Tim Waggoner, Gene O’Neill, Harry Shannon and Brett J. Talley
Interviews with: Doug Bradley, Graham Masterton, Jeffrey Combs, Owl Goingback and Lloyd and Pat Kaufman
“Gutmunchers! The Italian Zombie Films” by James R. Beach, “JournalStone Publishing’s DoubleDown Series: The Revival of the Ace Doubles”, “Get on the Midnight Meat Train: A Special Anniversary Edition” by Trever Nordgren
Jade Sky Comic by: Joe McKinney and Patrick Freivald with artwork from Chris Bell
Columns from Jonathan Maberry, Yvonne Navarro, Richard Dansky, Robert Morrish and so much more!
Table of Contents
1. The Writing on the Wall (A Dan Shamble, Zombie P.I. Adventure) by Kevin J. Anderson
2. Unholy Ghost by Graham Masterton
3. The Talking Dead by Tim Waggoner
4. On the Right Side of the Road by Gene O’Neill
5. Bait by Harry Shannon
6. What You Were Born To Be (A Story of The Reborn) by Brett J. Talley
1. “Doug Bradley on Horror’s Safety Dance” by Jim Smiley (Interview with Doug Bradley)
2. “Gutmunchers! The Italian Zombie Films” by James R. Beach
3. “JournalStone Publishing’s DoubleDown Series”: The Revival of the Ace Doubles’ by Various
4. “Reading the Cards with Graham Masteron” by Aaron J. French (Interview with Graham Masterton)
5. “The Aroma of Troma: An Interview with Lloyd and Pat Kaufman on the 40th Year Anniversary” by James R. Beach
6. Interview with Jeffrey Combs by Steve Holetz
7. “Get on the Midnight Meat Train: A Special Anniversary Edition” by Trevor Nordgren
1. What the Hell Ever Happened to… An Interview with Owl Goingback by Robert Morrish
2. Castlevania: Where Monsters Dwell by Richard Dansky
3. Double X Chromosome: Lions and Tigers and Monsters, Oh My! by Yvonne Navarro
4. Once Upon a Nightmare YA Horror: Reflections of Monsters and Creatures, Past and Present by Amy Shane
5. Things That Bite: Cryptids (Part 3) by By Jonathan Maberry and David F. Kramer
7. Monsters: Through a Perspective Glass by Michael R. Collings
Jade Sky Comic by Joe McKinney and Patrick Freivald – Artwork by Chris Bell
Dark Discoveries is a quarterly (Spring: April 30th, Summer: July 31st, Autumn: October 31st and Winter: January 31st), 8×11/color glossy magazine (100 to 130 pages) that is available in close to 500 stores in the US, Canada and Overseas (U.K., Germany and other countries) — including Barnes & Noble, Chapters, Powell’s Books, Tattered Covers, Borderlands, Things From Another World, Dreamhaven, Mystery & Imagination and Dark Delicacies.
In continuous publication for nearly a decade, the magazine features some of the best content in the Horror/Dark Fantasy/Science Fiction genres, offering in-depth interviews, insightful articles, regular columns, fantastic artwork and outstanding short fiction. Past contributors and topics include: Ray Bradbury, Richard Matheson, The Twilight Zone, H.R. Giger, William F. Nolan, Ramsey Campbell, EC Comics, Joe R. Lansdale, Dan O’Bannon, Forrest J Ackerman, Graham Masterton, Brian Lumley, George Clayton Johnson, Dark Horse Comics, Brian Keene, Douglas Clegg, Joe Hill, J.K. Potter and many others.
Shipping, handling and all applicable sales taxes are included in the overall price listed. There are no additional charges beyond the listed price. For international shipping other than what is listed please contact email@example.com for pricing.
There will no longer be a pdf version included with the print magazine.
Publication Date: (Spring: April 30th, Summer: July 31st, Autumn: October 31st and Winter: January 31st)
Price Print Edition Dark Discoveries – hardcover (includes shipping charges):
Single Issue – hardcover: Domestic, your price ($19.95), Canada, your price ($22.95) Europe, your price (25.95)
Annual Subscription: Domestic ($69.95) Canada ($83.95) Europe (109.95)
Price Print Edition Dark Discoveries – paperback (includes shipping charges):
Single Issue – paperback: Domestic Retail price $11.95, your price ($9.95), Canada Retail price $13.95 your price ($11.95) Europe Retail price $19.95, your price (17.95)
Annual Subscription: Domestic ($37.95) Canada ($46.95) Europe (69.95)
2 Year Subscription: Domestic ($74.95) Canada ($92.95) Europe (139.95)
Price Digital Edition Dark Discoveries: Single Issue: ($4.99), Annual Subscription ($18.99)
Digital editions are formatted for Apple Products, Google Play and Android.