Dark Discoveries – Issue #31
All new Fiction by: Lisa Tuttle, Gregory Benford, Paul Di Filippo, R.B. Payne, John Shirley and John C. Wright
Interviews with: Paul Di Filippo, Nelli Kowalik and David Brin
Articles on: “A Conversation with Paul Di Filippo”, The World of Neil Clarke”, “The Future Event of Global Transcendence”, “Hubbard, Parsons, and Scientology” and “World Horror Convention 2015 Wrap-Up”
Columns from Yvonne Navarro, Richard Dansky, Robert Morrish, Michael R. Collings, Donald Tyson and so much more!
Table of Contents
1. 2-Dava by Lisa Tuttle
2. Dissecting the Alien by Gregory Benford
3. The Herple is a Happy Beast, or, “Neighbors are Delicious!” by Paul Di Filippo
4. Spark by R.B. Payne
5. That Part of the Bran by John Shirley
6. The Scepter of Nowhere by John C. Wright
- “A Conversation with Paul Di Filippo” by K. H. Vaughan
- “The World of Neil Clarke” by K. H. Vaughan
- “The Future Event of Global Transcendence” by Aaron J. French
- “Trans-Beauty: An Interview with Nelli Kowalik” by Leah Jung
- Horror in a Hundred Stories
- “A Virtual Fireside Chat with David Brin: Intelligent Aliens and What it Means to be Human”
- “Introduction to Bizarro” by Bizarro Pulp Press
- “The Magus of Silicon Valley: Ray Kurzweil’s Transhumanism as Contemporary Esotericism” by Egil Asprem
- “Hubbard, Parsons, and Scientology” by Mike Lester
- “World Horror Convention 2015 Wrap-Up” by John Palisano
1. Double X Chromosome: Metawoman by Yvonne Navarro
2. “What Makes Not-So-Good Horror…Not So Good” by Michael R. Collings
3. “What the Hell Ever Happened to… T. Chris Martindale” by Robert Morrish
4. “Transhumanism and Video Games” by Richard Dansky
5. Murmurs in the Dark: “Frankenstein Transcendent” by Donald Tyson
6. “Untitled” by Gary A. Braunbeck
Hellnotes, HorrorWorld, Horror Review and BuyZombie.com Reviews
Dark Discoveries is a quarterly (Spring: April 30th, Summer: July 31st, Autumn: October 31st and Winter: January 31st), 8×11/color glossy magazine (100 to 130 pages) that is available in close to 500 stores in the US, Canada and Overseas (U.K., Germany and other countries) — including Barnes & Noble, Chapters, Powell’s Books, Tattered Covers, Borderlands, Things From Another World, Dreamhaven, Mystery & Imagination and Dark Delicacies.
In continuous publication for nearly a decade, the magazine features some of the best content in the Horror/Dark Fantasy/Science Fiction genres, offering in-depth interviews, insightful articles, regular columns, fantastic artwork and outstanding short fiction. Past contributors and topics include: Ray Bradbury, Richard Matheson, The Twilight Zone, H.R. Giger, William F. Nolan, Ramsey Campbell, EC Comics, Joe R. Lansdale, Dan O’Bannon, Forrest J Ackerman, Graham Masterton, Brian Lumley, George Clayton Johnson, Dark Horse Comics, Brian Keene, Douglas Clegg, Joe Hill, J.K. Potter and many others.
Shipping, handling and all applicable sales taxes are included in the overall price listed. There are no additional charges beyond the listed price. For international shipping other than what is listed please contact email@example.com for pricing.
There will no longer be a pdf version included with the print magazine.
Publication Date: (Spring: April 30th, Summer: July 31st, Autumn: October 31st and Winter: January 31st)
Price Print Edition Dark Discoveries – hardcover (includes shipping charges):
Single Issue – hardcover: Domestic, your price ($19.95), Canada, your price ($22.95) Europe, your price (25.95)
Annual Subscription: Domestic ($69.95) Canada ($83.95) Europe (109.95)
Price Print Edition Dark Discoveries – paperback (includes shipping charges):
Single Issue – paperback: Domestic Retail price $11.95, your price ($9.95), Canada Retail price $13.95 your price ($11.95) Europe Retail price $19.95, your price (17.95)
Annual Subscription: Domestic ($37.95) Canada ($46.95) Europe (69.95)
2 Year Subscription: Domestic ($74.95) Canada ($92.95) Europe (139.95)